Your privacy matters to us, whether you are new to YouRecruit or a long standing client, please take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
YouRecruit is a dedicated HR and recruitment specific management software-as-a-service product, provided by Nest Design.
The YouRecruit products and services provides:
- A dedicated customer & relationship management service, for HR and recruitment agencies/services, allowing real time tracking and timesheet management under your own dedicated account.
- A dedicated vacancy posting and applicant tracking service for recruitment agencies / services.
Considering the service profile YouRecruit provides, we can identify the following 6 types of entities.
Company: Employment agency that is a direct client of YouRecruit
Consultant: User that is logging into YouRecruit and managing Jobs or Employees
Candidate: If the company is using the Applicant tracking system, then YouRecruit receives the CVs and stores them along with basic data like contact name and email details.
Employee: User that can login to TempManager, update their details and enter Timesheet data
Organisation: Client of the employment agency, the employment agency is providing employees to the client organisation
Organisation administrator: Users logging to YouRecruit on behalf of the Organisation
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible and explain the following below:
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use the information we collect.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
- Your rights and obligations
YouRecruit recommends all users show appropriate diligence when managing sensitive data.
Upon receiving a formal written complaint, we will contact the person/entity who made the initial complaint to follow up in a timely fashion. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
Any company processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that personal data must be:
- Obtained and processed fairly
- Kept only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- Used and disclosed only in ways compatible with these purposes
- Kept safe and secure
- Kept accurate complete and up to date
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retained for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected
- Provided to data subjects on request
YouRecruit takes the security of your data very seriously. With this in mind, we chose a leader in cloud computing services, Amazon AWS Web Services. All YouRecruit live data is stored within Amazon AWS located in Dublin, Ireland (EU).
There are many reasons we chose to build YouRecruit on Amazon’s AWS Infrastructure and security and dependability are the main ones. Amazon AWS provides dozens of critical security features specifically designed to keep your data safe, secure and in your control.
The YouRecruit platform is managed and hosted by NestDesign Ltd. A maximum of four NestDesign employees only ever have full access to the YouRecruit platform. Administration access is via SSH console. Access is required for server software updates and maintenance. Outside of scheduled tasks, access to the server is undertaken on a per ticket-only permission basis. User connection to the Websites and Apps is via the Internet. All connections to the Application use 2048-bit SSL (https) connections. The application is set to respond on port 80 and port 443. All requests to port 80 are redirected to 443 (https).
We make every effort in protecting YouRecruit and our users from unauthorised access as well as preventing unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information managed by YouRecruit.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, to protect against unauthorised access to our systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who may need access to that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these security standards.
Always backed up
YouRecruit is automatically backing up your data every day in case of any issues that may arise.
As YouRecruit is a cloud based service, you do not need to worry about backing up your online data. If your computer is lost, stolen or destroyed – you can simply pick up again from where you left off.
The information uploaded onto the online database for any of our users is the responsibility of our clients and their consultants.
YouRecruit recommends that you take due care and diligence when storing information directly or indirectly within the database. Furthermore if clients are storing content that contains any sensitive information then this should be blanked out or removed before uploading and document files.
Type of data we collect
Users that may use the YouRecruit service directly from the web or the App, may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“TempManager Module”). This data may include, without limitation, personal information such as names, email addresses and phone numbers of users, contractors and other people involved in processing data activities.
We will only use, disclose and otherwise process this type of Data for the purposes set forth in our Terms & Conditions for the provisioning of the YouRecruit service.
Purpose and manner of personal data collection and use
YouRecruit collects and processes personal data in accordance with the provisions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and other regulations in force in the Republic of Ireland and the European Union.
Your personal data is processed only on the basis of your approval and free and express consent to process your personal data for the purposes related to the use of the Data available through the Websites.
By using You Recruit, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal data for a given purpose.
You will find a detailed description of the purpose of collecting your personal data in the How we collect and use your information displayed next to every form when collecting your personal data.
Processing of personal data in YouRecruit
Depending on your relationship with NestForms, NestForms will be what’s known under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) as the “processor” of the personal data provided to us or uploaded to the systems we operate.
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, our direct Clients/ Recruitment Agencies are the controller of all users relevant data.
YouRecruit does not control our clients use of data collected on the YouRecruit platform, and their use of collected data will be in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We are the processor when handling your personal data in YouRecruit.
How we collect and use your information
We collect information to provide advanced recruitment services to all users – this can range from knowing basic information like language preferences, to more complex information like what content is of more importance to you.
We collect information in the following ways:
1. Account information
When you create an account, we collect certain “personally identifiable information” or “PII.” This includes your username, email address, forename, surname, timezone and IP address.
If you are our direct client and you are using a paid account, additional details are required. These include postal address, phone number, company VAT number.
For employees that are a client of the employment agency, banking information may be required, these details are stored within You Recruit for payment processing only.
If you connect YouRecruit to any third party service, YouRecruit does not receive or store these passwords.
2. Information you give to You Recruit
We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account with us, create or modify your profile, use, access, or interact with our services or our websites (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share content) Such content includes any personal information or other sensitive information that you choose to include. The YouRecruit service requires you to sign up for an account with us.
We will receive all information you or your agents enter into the platform.This includes all information and data entered into the YouRecruit system by our direct clients.
We may present your name, email address or image to other relevant administrative users within the organisation you are providing services for/are employed by, or otherwise associated with your account in order to assist in sharing relevant data or receive recommendations, timesheets, required availability, jobs or shifts vacancies or any other information that may be relevant to your activities.
3. Personal information based on the type of the user
- Consultant – Basic contact information that includes email, name, phone number
- Candidate – When a CV is collected via the Applicant tracking system, we store the candidate email, name, position applied for and CV.
- Employee – Name, email is always collected. Based on the company settings – there might be other information like bank details, references, DOB, PPS, address and location, emergency contact, previous working skills, photos etc.. We also keep work entitlement, contract documents and timesheet information.
- Organisation administrator– Main contact information including name, email organisation position
4. Information we get from your use of our services
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information). We only associate your device identification or phone number with your account for diagnostic purposes.
- Log in information – When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your completed task
- Internet Protocol address,device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request.
- We also use third party tools like Google analytics and crashlytics.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Location information – When you use a location-enabled YouRecruit service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS data sent by a mobile device( when the YouRecruit App is used). We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. In some cases, we may convert your IP address into an approximate geolocation to improve and personalise your YouRecruit account (for example, to display time data in the correct local time).
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers – We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our services provided by Web or App, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
- Information related to use of YouRecruit service -We use long-term cookies to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing and automatically records information including IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, pages or features of YouRecruit used and time spent on each, search terms and other statistics. This information is used to analyse how you use YouRecruit services for the purpose of customising and improving your experience.
5. You can choose to provide us with the following Personal Data:
- Subscription: If you subscribe to regular Marketing material we will process your email address. If you choose to subscribe we will also process information about how you interact with the emails and messages you receive from us, such as whether or not you open the communication, the links you click on, whether you purchase anything or whether you opt out of the communications.
- Demo Request and Appointments : If you request a demo, request a product query, or make any similar appointments with us, we will process your email address, your name, telephone number, company name for these purposes only.
- Query Information: You may choose to give us information such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number and other details when contacting us by submitting enquiries through the Website contact form. If you choose to provide us with this information, we will keep a record of this correspondence for as long as is necessary to deal with your query.
In the instance that you may report a feature request, issue or bug, We may access your account to review your data in order to review your requirements.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information and transaction information, from all of our services in any one or more of the locations that YouRecruit has operations, or otherwise conducts business for the following purposes:
- For internal and service-related purposes, such as to provide, maintain, protect, improve, and personalise YouRecruit services, to develop new services and to protect the rights, property, or safety of YouRecruit and our users.
- To communicate with you in order to provide you with information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes or to offer you tailored functionality and content.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to or use of our services, and other illegal or unusual activities.
- If other relevant users already have your email, or other relevant information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible YouRecruit profile information, such as your name, photo,ID, timesheets, availability and/or payments details.
- When you contact us, to keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may contact you again specifically to let you know an update to your original query.
- From cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of YouRecruit Web product or App related services.
When resolving issues with the YouRecruit Service, we may require additional data (for example The YouRecruit app database). This will either be in the form of a crash report, error report that you as our client have sent or an automated diagnostic check performed by YouRecruit.
In problem solving scenarios, YouRecruit may process personal information from our platform in either of our EU offices within the NestDesign group.
Information we share with third parties
We do not share personal information with other companies, organisations and individuals outside of the YouRecruit organisation, unless one of the following legislative circumstances apply:
- With your consent – We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of YouRecruit only when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons – We will only share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of YouRecruit if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable legislation, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of YouRecruit, our direct clients or their authorised administrative and operational entities, or the public as required or permitted by legislation.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends regarding the general use of our services. If referenced, this data will be completely anonymous.
We’ll only share your PII in the following cases
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as data storage, hosting and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- The need to protect ourselves or others, or for other legal reasons. We strongly believe in contesting claims that we believe to be invalid under applicable law, and in protecting you from privacy violations we consider to be abuse of legal systems, whether by individuals, entities or government. However, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to government, law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe it is reasonably necessary to satisfy or comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others, and to prevent activity we consider to be either illegal or unethical.
- We need to disclose it as part of a business transaction. Information collected from our users, including PII, could be disclosed or transferred to a third-party acquirer as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale. We will notify you if a different company will receive your PII.
- You expressly ask us to do so.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used and control whom you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many YouRecruit services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, you may not be able to login into your designated YouRecruit account or utilise related services included.
Information you share
YouRecruit services allow you to share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If our direct client decides to close their account with YouRecruit, we keep all information for 6 months as a temporary backup in case of error, and then the whole account is deleted including all PII. We can process a deletion immediately when formally requested by our direct client.
- Consultants – When a consultant is removed, we keep the name indefinitely, but all other personal information is anonymised after 6 months. We also keep activity logs for a longer period if needed (eg job or event modifications until they are fully deleted).
- Candidates – If GDPR permission has been given – CVs are stored for a period of 5 years, if no GDPR permission has been given – CVs are stored for a period of 6 months. The name and email is anonymised while deleting CVs.
- Employees – When an employee is deactivated, associated data is dealt with as follows:
- Name – kept indefinitely
- Log activity, timesheets – removed after 5 years
- Main information (email, photos, references, DOB, PPS, address and location, emergency contact, compliances) – removed after 12 months by default. This may be extended if the specific market sector legally requires an extended period of time, for example 6 years for the HealthCare sector.
- Sensitive information (bank details) – removed after 1 month
- Organisation Administrators – When a consultant is removed, we keep the name indefinitely, but all other personal information is anonymised after 12 months. We also keep activity logs.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Requested erasure of personal information below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. Eg if the candidate application CV is to be deleted, but the application data will be anonymised and kept indefinitely.
In consequence of the above, we cannot be held responsible for possible damage caused to users or third parties regarding publishing or failure to publish, removing, using, or relying on any data.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our service, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is incorrect, we make every effort to enable you to update it or delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information that are residing in backups).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort.
Should you believe that any personal data we store in relation to you, is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request to see this information, rectify it, or have it deleted. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
In the event that you wish to lodge a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, please contact us. We will then review your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Irish Personal Data Protection Agency and file a complaint with them.
If you no longer want to use the YouRecruit service you will have to contact your consultant /employer. If you are a direct client you can contact us and request a service termination.
Requested erasure of personal information
We endeavour to maintain the YouRecruit service in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you request the deletion of information from YouRecruit services, we will not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers or remove information from our backup systems.
We will initiate the deletion request, but some of the information might not be affected (see indefinitely storing data in our retention policy).
Dealing with subject access requests
A formal request from a data subject for information that YouRecruit holds about users, must be made in writing. A fee is payable by the data subject for provision of this information. Should a written request in respect of data held by YouRecruit be received the Data Controller is responsible for ensuring compliance with access requests.
Data subjects will be provided with their data within 40 days of receiving the request.
If you are located outside the European Union and choose to provide your PII to us, we transfer this information to computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction.
Email advertisements & newsletters
You can subscribe to the YouRecruit email newsletter list if you are an existing user or you wish to register to receive information – contact us.
Each email sent contains an easy, automated unsubscribe option for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your requirements.
We may at times post testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name We will always obtain the customer’s consent prior to publishing the testimonial with company approval to post their name along with their testimonial.
A cookie is a group of data serving as your anonymous individual identifier that is sent to your browser by websites. Cookies are sent when you access a website, they are stored in your computer and they serve to record information about your subsequent online visits. Therefore, after a cookie has been stored on your computer during your first access to a website, every time you return to the website it will look for it’s cookie in order to read the stored data.
Since a cookie is an anonymous individual identifier, it does not contain or send any personal information to the website that is stored on your computer, but only enables faster and more efficient activation of information, data and settings previously communicated during access and use of the website.
Your browser is set in such a way that each website can only access its own previously sent cookies, but not the cookies of other websites.
The Options or Settings menu of your browser allows you to select an appropriate option for receiving cookies, even to disable them completely. However, disabling cookies completely will reduce the efficiency of some Data available on some websites.
Last Updated: 20/7/2022